Wednesday, January 6, 2010

whatcha wanna know?

this is my all about me post. while most of what i write will be focusing on chronicling my adventures in the world of soy cheese, not everything in my life revolves around being lactose intolerant. just like not everything in my life revolves around being a brunette. if i'd wanted to be super generic with this blog i guess i could have called it something like "busty brunette" which would also be truth. but here we go.

1. my name is felicia, which was ranked the 90th most popular name the year i was born, and coincidentally is the highest it has ever been ranked.

2. i am 23 years old, as seen in the side bar.

3. my job is kind of complicated but it basically boils down to design and marketing stuff for a nonprofit, which uses both my major and minor from college.

4. i live in colorado, which i hate. people think it's beautiful here, which it can be, but that's where the redeeming qualities end. the politics are terrible, the people drive like assholes, i freaking HATE snow and ice and scraping the car and wearing a hundred layers and driving with my coat on.

5. my boyfriend is from vermont and refuses to listen when i complain about anything weather related.

6. not only am i lactose intolerant, i have a condition called gastroparesis which really could use a whole blog, or blog series all to its own.

7. although i love my job, it's not what i want to do forever. it's taken me a year post graduation to realize that what i really want to do is become an art and reading teacher for middle schoolers. i've also had reading issues throughout my life which could become a blog in itself as well.

8. although i can't afford it i am the pickiest eater you have probably ever met, and go through various stages of vegetarianism all the time. before current boyfriend i was doing well on the no poultry track, but since he has been in the picture chicken has started to work its way back into my meals.

9. boyfriend was a vegetarian for eleven years, and even has a tattoo dedicated to it, but this summer he gave up. this is not about me.

10. i am really bad at making about me lists and curiously throw in facts about other people.

11. i really like to cook, but most of the time when i get off work i am so tired and unmotivated i end up eating peanut butter or if i'm really feeling ambitious, spaghetti. this week has been exceptionally bad and boyfriend and i have eaten out twice already. bad news.

12. i also like to bake. if it was up to me i'd spend my days baking and crocheting with my doggy.

13. i don't have a doggy. but i do have a cat who lives at boyfriend's house. someday i would like to have a little dog.

14. i love all animals and would have a hundred pets if it was possible.

15. i live in a cute little house with a weird roommate i didn't know beforehand. it works out because she lives downstairs and i live upstairs and she has night classes and i work during the day. sometimes i go days at a time without even seeing her.

this is not a very in depth list, but it's good for now. here i am, here are the basics, here we go!

xoxo
felicia

3 comments:

  1. i love the recap. more about boyfriend now...

    oh and i will never forget how you hate to have your food touch. that is a much more common trait among people than i ever thought and i still think it's pretty silly. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went dairy (and soy) free when nursing (to help baby's reflux) and it was the most amazing thing I could have done... not only did I feel better than ever physically but I lost ALL of my baby weight (we are talking 50 pounds) and my baby's temperament improved so much. I also read the Skinny Bitch book (which made me never want to eat again, haha) and have been back & forth. I LIVE for cheese and ice cream, but after not having it for a few months I didn't really miss it. I'm kinda phasing dairy back in to see if my baby can tolerate it, but I feel crappy when I eat it now... I don't think it's a coincidence! I wrote a non-dairy post awhile ago... if you haven't you MUST check out the chocolate coconut milk icecream they make... it's DREAMY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great getting to know you post =)

    ReplyDelete